2022 Impact Report
LocalCart + GetawayLocal was funded through a significant USDA grant. The Curby team for carbon net-zero is developing several pilot engagements.
Our purpose is to empower targeted achievement of Sustainable Development Goals.
USB is pioneering consumer-driven impact through internet-based commerce systems, allowing us to tap into and focus $15 trillion of annual U.S. consumer spending towards services and products that build sustainable businesses and households.
- Pioneering tech innovations in >$1 trillion valued sectors
- Sustainable and scalable business models
- Improving lives and livelihoods
Our Social Impact
We believe that technology should be a force for Capitalized Good, to enable the achievement of humankind's higher aspirations. We are driven by large service opportunities that our B2B2C brands uniquely deliver.
Impact on Community
We are completing our 500th research interview this year with the LocalCart + GetawayLocal team as we prepare our commercialization strategy for 2023.
Impact on Environment
Curby has designed a program that enables the median American household to eliminate the production of 1,000 tons of carbon over 15 years.
Impact on People
We are attracting top talent through Y Combinator startup programs and are able to be selective in who we bring into key roles for the company.
We’re very delighted to be working together with Larta Institute as a partner and advisor on several key projects.
- We are making significant strides in achieving our development goals of business development, product-market fit, partnerships, and team building.
- The LocalCart + GetawayLocal team will complete its Phase I SBIR funding R&D this year.
- The Curby team found its beachhead, is implementing pilots, and building strategic traction.
- We have several funding proposals submitted to SBIR and non-SBIR opportunities that would enable us to have innovations ready when the time comes to scale.
- We are in very good financial position for our next year.